This intermediate class is for professionals who design, specify, and/or inspect lighting installations in new and remodeled commercial office spaces. Class participants will gain an understanding of current code requirements for office lighting under Title 24, Part 6. The curriculum includes an overview of current lighting technologies, including LED luminaires and controls options that are available to meet, or exceed, code requirements.
- Review lighting-related measures in the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
- Identify mandatory and prescriptive standards’ requirements, apply compliance methodology, and procedures in professional practice.
- Effectively apply the Building Energy Efficiency Standards requirements specific to lighting for office applications.
- Identify current lighting technologies and controls, including LED luminaires, that are available to fulfill code requirements.
- Access resources through utility and lighting technology training centers for continued professional development.
This class is eligible for continuing education units from the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI).
Gina Rodda has been involved with California Title 24 energy compliance since 1991. She currently works for Gabel Associates, LLC in Berkeley providing residential and nonresidential calculations and support for CA Title 24 Energy, Savings by Design, CA Multi Family Homes, Build it Green and LEED EA submittals. She is certified as a Certified Energy Analyst and Certified Energy Plans Examiner in both residential and nonresidential, in addition to being a LEED AP. She graduated from University of Pacific in Stockton with a bachelor's degree in 1989.
(8 am check-in, continental breakfast, & lunch will be provided)