Compost use can result in a variety of environmental benefits.
The following are a few of the most important benefits:
-Compost Helps Prevent Pollution. Composting organic materials that have been diverted from landfills ultimately avoids the production of methane and leachate formulation in the landfills.
-Compost Enriches Soil
-Compost Helps Cleanup Contaminated Soil
-Offers Economic Benefits
HOW TO ACHIEVE CRITERIA:
- Ask if your building or landlord currently composts.
- If not, ask if they would consider collecting for haul away or to collect and use on-site.
- Research and provide haulers who collect composting or on-site methods you'd like to pursue.
- Present findings to management.
- If approved, have a "lunch'n'learn" educating staff what can and cannot be composted and why it is important to compost.